11.19.2014

Whatever Wednesday: Change of Heart

I used to have this thing about listening to Christmas music before December. Like I was so against it. Even though the radio stations started playing it in November, I would avoid those stations and if a song came on unexpectedly I would furiously change the station. Then when December 1st came I was magically okay with it being on 24/7. It wasn't even that I thought people were short-changing Thanksgiving, I just had this idea in my head that Christmas music was not appropriate until December.

Well, I've had a change of heart. Now I'm still not always listening to it, but the other day in the car a Christmas song came on and David changed the station (for me--remembering my weird belief), I asked him why he changed it and he said, "you don't listen to Christmas music before December"...I said "oh...I'm over that".

Christmas music is so cheerful! If there was enough variety, I would say the radio should play it year round. Unfortunately, 2 months is usually long enough to outplay most of the songs there are. Also, random, I'm pretty sure David was humming Christmas songs while we were carving pumpkins in October. HA!

To all you Christmas music Grinch's, like I once was, I hope someday you will have a change of heart. Until then, I understand and will respect your weird ways.

1 comment: