11.10.2014

Mondays with Maelie: Learning New Things

This week has given me a real taste of how quickly infants and toddlers learn new things!

She finally figured out how to get up onto her knees! She's nearly 10 months old and showed no interest in being mobile until about a month ago. She's gone through lots of different phases in this process---

-At first she hated being on her stomach--so we would sit her up or put her on her back (that's another thing about her...she hates rolling over. She knows how--she just refuses to do it).
-Once she figured out she could move while on her stomach, she hated sitting up because she hadn't figured out how to flip over her legs to get to her stomach.
-She finally mastered the sitting to tummy and so she's fine with either way now....but still hates being on her back (except to sleep). 

Now, like I mentioned before, she's been army crawling for about a month, but this week she figured out how to get up on her hands and knees! She hasn't officially started crawling yet, but she did to one little crawl step this afternoon. :) Slowly but surely she is becoming more and more mobile.
 
I won't lie, I'm kind of glad she's taken her time to figure this all out. Around 6 or 7 months I was starting to wonder if she'd ever want to move--and maybe even worry about it sometimes--but a lot of moms told me to enjoy it while it lasted, and I did just that. Now my life is full of closing bathroom doors and building barricades around my apartment--and I wouldn't have it any other way. 
 

Other exciting things Maelie has learned this week--- 
 +how to give "high five"
 +how to do "noggin"
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. She can do noggin!?? Kanon will love that! :) P.S. come home already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...I was starting to wonder if she'd ever want to move. Funny funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lucky she waited until 9 months. Imagine that drive to Oklahoma with a baby that just wanted to crawl or walk.

    ReplyDelete