12.10.2014

Whatever Wednesday: The Sisters

As the only boy in a family of 5 sisters, Kanon has always referred to us as "The Sisters". Frequently used phrases are--
"When are The Sisters going to be home?"
"What are The Sisters doing?"
"Well The Sisters said __________" (because maybe we are bossy)

I know there are a ton more, but you get the picture. 

I love this title and since he's been in Peru he's started writing a weekly "Sisters" email. He tells The Sisters fun facts about the Amazon, about his experience with the people and the language, and I think he just remembers the funniest/weirdest/craziest things that happen or he sees from the week and sends it to us to make us laugh. It is also educational and gives us a better picture of where he is, but mostly it's funny.

I think I can speak for all 5 of us and say being called "The Sisters" has always been special and cute to us, but since he's been gone it's become even more so. We love that his goal is still to make us laugh and that he knows we will appreciate his random facts about his time in Peru. 

We love our brother and I think the first time I hear him say "The Sisters" again I will burst into tears. Or maybe I'm dramatic-- it's a possibility.

Also--we call him "The Brother". 






5 comments:

  1. Kanon and I have the same huge teeth! I just noticed. Love that brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I am crying... And I will definitely burst into tears when he says "the sisters" again. I can't wait to talk to him on Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over "the brother"'s casual use of Reagan's belly as an armrest.
    PS I love The Sisters, and The Brother too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart. (But seriously my heart is beating like a crazy person.)

    ReplyDelete