12.01.2014

Mondays with Maelie: Road Trips with a Baby

Thank you for allowing me a week off from blogging. I managed to move states, celebrate Thanksgiving with my Dominguez family and David and I both conquered bouts of food poisoning (at two different times...WEIRD!).

Anywhooo---
We have moved back to Boise! David has finished his internship and we are back home, looking for a job!

This move from Oklahoma brought another 24 hour road trip. Since we weren't sure if we would be coming back this soon, I hadn't been mentally preparing myself to do that drive again. Luckily we were able to convince (it wasn't even hard) Taylor to come along as our 'back seat' nanny for this trip! This made a WORLD of difference.
 
Maelie and Taylor now have a special little bond and tricks that they do with each other. I love it.  One of the 'tricks' Maelie discovered (without Taylor's help) on this trip is that if she messes her pants she gets to get out of her car seat. Let me tell you, there were more poopy diapers changed that weekend than I can even count. At least we knew she wasn't constipated (which is what usually happens when we travel).

So basically, road tripping with a baby is---possible. Having a back seat nanny (who can also switch off driving) is ideal. **BRAGGING**And if you are blessed with a sweet, angel baby, like Maelie, you'll definitely have successful road trips. Seriously...she only cried like twice...maybe.

The pictures are out of order, but you get the jist...lots of car seat sitting and sleeping.

















1 comment:

  1. Oh. Best back seat nanny ever. And what a good baby Maelie girl! Cannot say the same about my Jane, that's for sure. She looks so sweet and cute. Love it.

    ReplyDelete