10.03.2012

Thumbs

Have you ever tried to take your contacts out without a working thumb?
I'm here to tell you it is nearly impossible. 

In my case, I had a Bandaid on my thumb, therefore, it wasn't working properly. 
I had a bandaid on my thumb because I cut my fingernail too short. Worst. 

I tried using my left hand. No go.  Not coordinated enough.
I tried using my bandaged thumb. Ouch.

I ended up using my index and middle fingers. In a scissor motion. 
It still hurt me a little bit, but the contacts came out and I was able to go to bed. 

Why do short fingernails hurt so bad? Boo.
It hurt to type, it hurt to text, it hurt when I was just sitting still.
 
I'm grateful for my thumbs. And when they are fully functioning. :)

3 comments:

  1. Just so you know, we're pretty much twins because my right thumbnail is currently too short as well and very painful! Although I didn't cut mine too short, it got ripped when I somehow managed to jam my thumb into my teeth during Zumba. The result was a cut thumb and a cut lip. Talented, I know. My handwriting currently sucks because I have to hold my pencil all funky. In short, I hear ya sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i give this blog post two thumbs up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I am commenting out of order here is my comment on your other blog post.... I love the glownote on your car story. What a fun thing to find on your car! Glow tickets like that are great.

    ReplyDelete