9.29.2012

Chopped

No, I didn't cook anything really awesome.
No, neither of us chopped a limb off.
No, we didn't lose any jobs or what have you...
Yes, I did cut my hair 10 inches and yes I did donate it to Locks of Love.

Back in February, The White Christmas Sisters' invited any and all who wanted to participate. I felt the desire to commit to this all the way back then because not only have I lost my Grandpa and Uncle James to cancer, but David's mother as well. I wasn't fortunate enough to ever meet her, but I know she was an amazing person and she's given me an amazing husband. I figured I could give back in some way besides being a good wife. So I decided not only to do it for little Claire, whom I've never met, but also for my late mother-in-law. It was a really great experience and I'm so happy with how it turned out.

I won't lie, I was very nervous when I showed up to get it cut, but when I heard the first snip of the scissors, I literally got goosebumps and was overwhelmed with joy and love for those suffering from such a horrible thing.

 Here's a before and some afters! :)

**Hair cut by the one and only Stayc (Smith) Smart! Thanks girl!

Before

After
Ta DAAAA!!!

5 comments:

  1. Laur! You are so cute! And so compassionate. I remember the same feelings when I donated to Locks of Love. Good job sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sheashah you got me cryin'! Thank you for thinking of my Mom :) She would have loved you!

    p.s...you're new hairs are FLY!!! I love short hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You, for honoring my sweetheart!!!!!! Your hair is the BOMB!! love POPS..MD

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful!!! If my hair actually grew more than .0000000253 inches a year, I would do this too because I think it is awesome :).

    ReplyDelete