9.09.2012

East vs. West

West is better.
The end.
_________________________________________________________________





Just kidding. I'll explain.

Last night David and I went to the Eastern Idaho Fair. Since I can remember I've gone to the Western Idaho Fair each summer and loved it. Not just the rides, but the food, the people watching and everything else that a fair entails. So I convinced David to take me to Blackfoot, Idaho so I could get an Onion Blossom. Yes. That's all I wanted.

The first thing that is makes the West the best is that it's in my town. Maybe 15 minutes away (with traffic). We had to drive an hour to get there! But I guess that's sort of unavoidable when I live in little tiny Rexburg.
When we arrived the first major disappointment was the parking. WE HAD TO PAY FOR IT! What the heck? We never pay for parking in Boise, and they even have little trolley's that come around and pick you up to take you to and from your car! Blackfoot--nada. So we had already spent $3 before even getting inside. Boo.
Second disappointment: Horrible spacing (I sound like a dance competition judge)! But seriously, everything was so close together and awkwardly angled. I mean naturally, at a fair, there are long lines everywhere you go, but it made it even worse when there was only space for like 10 people when there should have been space for 50 or more.
Third disappointment: No flow. When we first walked in it felt like we weren't even in the same vicinity as the rides or food. And we literally had to walk through an underground tunnel to get to the food and rides. Then there were random
Disappointment #4: NO ONION BLOSSOMS. Yep. You heard right. The one reason I went to the fair and it wasn't even there. I still had greasy nachos and an ice cream cone, but nothing beats the onion blossom with delicious fry sauce.

Okay so enough complaining. I've been spoiled with the Western Idaho Fair, but I am still grateful I got to go to a fair at all this year. We rode one ride and that was just enough. We saw all the animals and cool little shops. And we even found a place with massage chairs that we sat in for like 10 minutes before we left the fair. :)

Although it wasn't the fair experience I'm used to, I still had lots of fun!



Clydesdales! So huge!

This is called a "Walker". David used them this summer at work and they are SO expensive!
This one was $12,320--and that's a "fair special". HA!
I didn't get pictures of our dinner, but a picture of David's dessert was necessary.
Funnel Cake!

Science at the fair!

David was in heaven. So many little gadgets and toys!

Sweetest hand-beaded moccasin boots ever!

This is for Brooke. I will be sending it to her. This is a Scottish Highlander. All things Scottish will make me think of her. This one made me laugh out loud. She will love it. :)



This goat also made me laugh out loud. There was only one way to get that food and he was hungry enough to do it! :) Although it looks as if we are standing outside the fairgrounds because of how far away the rides look, we aren't.
We still had fun. I promise.


3 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha soooo glad you had a good time but even more glad that you like the west best. Can't ever beat sweet lib at the jones booth anyways. Ha"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold up wait a minute...... Is that soft serve atop a funnel cake????? YUMMMMM!

    ReplyDelete