2.15.2012

Our First Valentine's Day

Yesterday we celebrated our love all day long! It was so much fun! I woke up and opened my top drawer and found a construction paper heart that said: "Will you be my Valentine?" with two options underneath, for me to check. The options were "yes" or "heck yes", with a little side note that said "check one...or both". So clearly I checked both. Creative husband. On the bottom of the heart it said "Here's a little something to sweeten the deal" and accompanying that adorable paper heart was a bag of Flipz (you know, my favorite) and a Symphony chocolate bar (another favorite). Smart husband.
We both had classes yesterday, so while we were in class, I recruited Spencer's roommate to make and decorate some sugar cookies, for David (Spencer got one too), a tradition from my family. I got a balloon and a mushy love card and set up his place setting, just like my mom does for us. :) And that's what he came home to after class.
After devotional, David had his Anatomy and Physiology lab until 5:15, so after taking Spencer to her doctor's appointment, I did some laundry and some homework while I waited for him. He got out an hour early, so he also got to get some things done before our 'big night', as he was calling it (I had no idea what was going on).
I finished the laundry around 6pm and we went to Gringo's, a Mexican restaurant in Rexburg (Mexican food is my favorite and just last week I mentioned we should try out Gringo's some time). Thoughtful husband. It was just alright food, we were glad we tried it, but we probably won't go back again (Casa Mexico for life!).
After dinner we went to the movie theater and David had pre-bought tickets to see The Vow. They had been sold out every day since the movie came out and he knew I wanted to see it SO badly. Prepared husband. It was such a good movie!
At this point, we just headed home and I thought we were going to be delivering Cyndi's Valentine's Day package from Carrie and Chelsi, that we had stored at our apartment. Well we walked into the apartment and set up on the table was the most beautiful bouquet of flowers, a GIANT box of Russel Stover chocolates, and a bottle of Martinelli's. Surprise-er husband.

(Thank you Cyndi and Courtney for setting this up)

When I say giant, I mean it. :)
And here we are, at the end of the best Valentine's Day ever!
BEST Husband ever.

3 comments:

  1. I love your husband. He is good to my daughter. And I love his wife. She married a good man. Happy Valentines Day Lovees! I am so happy you are Carrying on the Valentines Day happy hearts dinner table. It warms the cockles of my heart. I love love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. It makes me happy. Good job being so nice to each other. My family did Valentine sugar cookie hearts too, and we "painted" with frosting as a family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweetheart! So glad you had a wonderful day!

      Delete