12.08.2011

The Testimony of a Primary Child


On Sunday there were three Primary children that stood up and bore their testimony. Every single one of them started with "I love to bear my testimony...". This got me thinking. When I bear my testimony, do I love doing it?


Originally my thoughts were, "oh no, I don't even bear my testimony that often, and when I get the courage to walk up there, I don't really love being up there!" I mean really, love is a pretty powerful word right? Right. Well, today at work I read this. Thank you Elder Abrea.


A testimony is not only standing at the pulpit telling the congregation what I know; it is how I act, what I say and my attitude about life and what gets thrown at me. I bear my testimony every day when I go to work, or walk on campus at BYU-Idaho. :)


Now, the speaking in front of a bunch of people, will never be appealing to me, but I have made a goal to be better. An early New Year's Resolution, if you will.


Here's a challenge for anyone reading this, bear your testimony soon. And thank the Primary Children for bearing theirs. :)

1 comment: