7.17.2012

4th of July

Random fact: One year ago (on the 4th) David asked my for my dad's permission to marry me. :)

One year later we are happily married and forever celebrating holiday's together! Well, because I've been blessed (sarcasm) with horrible allergies that is how we spent our day. We slept in a little bit (no school WOOT!). We went to the Rexburg 4th of July parade...that was fun. We then went home and I was suddenly hit. I seriously sneezed probably 200 times that day. That's a sneeze every 7 minutes. OR 6 sneezes every one minute with small breaks in between. Who does that?! Lame. I took every single allergy medicine I own (see below) and still was miserable.
BUT,...
I didn't want to be a party pooper. I did take a nap and that was a good break from my ailments, but we still went to a fireworks show that night in Menan, Idaho. They were surprisingly good for a little town. Though I was miserable, I was glad we went.
Me being miserable, David being cute, us staying in the car to watch fireworks.

The most annoying part about it? Being perfectly fine the day before and the day after. So rude allergies. So rude.

The saddest part about it? We had planned to use our day off to go on a hike up 'R' Mountain, something neither of us had ever done before. Obviously I wasn't about to just go hang out in the great outdoors when I'm being the most allergic(t) I've ever been. So we didn't go (that's when I was napping). But we did make up for it that Saturday. We hiked right at sundown and it was the perfect weather and a *beautiful view. :)
Windy :)
I spit on an pile of ants....for Kanon. Sorry mom.
This is *beautiful in Eastern Idaho okay? :)

Well it is finals week and we are pretty swamped with tests and work! We're excited for a break from homework!

5 comments:

  1. That is beautiful to me. Also, you are a cute allergic(t) person. Your allergies are out of control...what the hank.

    AND EW. Why didn't you apologize to me about the spitting picture. Also, why do you and Kanon spit on piles of ants.

    Good job being tough. I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never spit on ants until that day, and haven't done it since. It was just for Kanon's sake. He does it every time he sees a pile. Ask him why. haha

      Delete
  2. Stop spitting. Or at least stop taking pictures of it.. Ew. I feel sad about your allergies. I am glad you were still determined to have fun! I think you are still cute with allergies and David is still cute when you have allergies too I love your pics and your blog and can't wait for more...When are you going to show us your apt? Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I agree with everything said above... Except I laughed really hard at your spitting on ants picture. I don't really know why. Love you cute Laur. And good job blogging

    ReplyDelete
  4. you still look beautiful even when you're sneezing 24/7. love it. i'm sad we can't make it down this weekend. lame i know, but hopefully we can reunite again soon :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete