8.23.2012

Birthday Camping Trip!

So I don't have many pictures of the whole adventure, but it happened and it was a BLAST!

Before I start telling the tale of the Birthday Camping trip I need to thank both the Dominguez and the Foote family's for making the whole trip possible. Without your gifts and generous donations to the Dominguez Duo camping fund we would have been sleeping in the woods with no tent or sleeping bags, our food would have been
majorly time temperature abused (Cyndi) without a cooler, our feet would have been tired (or our bums dirty from sitting on the ground) without camping chairs, our whole bodies would be injured and broken if it weren't for our red lantern and our lives would not be complete without the fishing pole that caught David's cute little fish (on his first cast, mind you). So thank you, family.

So we only worked half a day on Friday so that we could get up to the mountains early enough to get a good spot. Tom (David's chemistry friend) and his wife are from around here so they told us the best place to go...right down to what unit at the campground! When we got to the campground we were super bummed to learn that they were full...or so we thought. David got out and talked to "good ole Richard" (the camp host), and he said the people in Unit #2 (the exact spot Tom told us to go) were only going to be there until 5pm. PERFECT! It was only 2:30, but we had things to entertain us. We were able to walk around and see Mesa Falls and enjoy a little snack--chips and grapes. :)

We got lucky and the people in our spot left early! We were able to get ourselves set up--well Kent and Anna did most of it while I had to go back to Rexburg to work (explanation coming in another post). Thanks guys! When we got back up into the mountains we went on a little nature walk and then started cooking the dinner--American Tacos (duh!). Tom and Kim got there just in time to eat with us and they loved the heavenly goodness that is Fritos, chili, cheese, sour cream and onions! Yummmm.
David and Tom both work on BYU-I grounds crew...Kim and I work indoors...can you tell? So unfortunate for us.

Not long after dinner David was ready for s'mores. The marshmallows started roasting, the chocolate started melting, the graham crackers started breaking and the strawberries were delicious (yes...strawberries on s'mores--try it). Then we played games! Pop5 & Uno Roboto were on the game table that night! It was awesome and hilarious all in one! I loved it. We ended the night with hilarious mission stories and sharing embarrassing moments around the campfire! Perfection.

Saturday morning, David woke up early ready to do his favorite thing--cook breakfast while camping--and that he did! And although it was a long process, it was soooo worth the wait. Everyone loved his potatoes, the eggs were perfect, and the sausage and bacon were to die for. Once we were all stuffed to the brim and all packed up we headed up the road a little bit to fish! Tom knew the place so we followed him.

David caught a fish on his first cast! So awesome. We still haven't eaten our little guy, but I'm looking forward to it! :) After fishing for a few hours -and getting super sunburned- we hiked back up to the road and cooked us some hamburgers and hotdogs before we drove back to Rexburg.

There was another fish inside his mouth...ew.

Proof that I actually fished...even though I have nothing to show for it. Meh.

We had so much fun and we can't wait to do it again!

***on David's actual birthday (Aug 9th) I made him a cake and I even sang a happy birthday solo for him. :) Then we went to the new Batman movie!***

Happy Birthday, Love!

4 comments:

  1. Good camping skills. When I first started typing that my left hand was on the wrong keys so I typed "Hoof camping skills." Hoof. I like it. I miss camping with you. Also how were your allergies? Also, David is like...two-hundred percent tanner than you. It's fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like the perfect camping outing! And brosef, I'm so glad to see that you're actually looking the part of a bonfide mexican ;) it's about time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yuuuuumm. i wish we could have come! it looked like it was so much fun! PLUUUUS i love to fish! boo...i wish we lived closer. but i'm so glad that you guys had a blast for david's bday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! And I love the fact that half of the good food you have been enjoying involves us. We're all about good food in the Muench family. I'm afraid to say that even if I did have an outdoor job, I still wouldn't be tan. It just doesn't happen for me. Looking forward to seeing you guys tonight for some much needed catch-up time!

    ReplyDelete